One Day Volunteer Opportunities
Want to Volunteer for Ride The Rockies but can’t commit for a whole week? Not a problem! Is RTR coming through your backyard, and you want to help out? Have a family member riding the 1 Day or 2 Day Tour Join us for some one day volunteer opportunities.
One Day Route Opportunities:
- Aid Station Crew: recruit your non-profit or group to run an aid station on the route! Each Aid Station will be supervised by an Aid Station Captain, and your group will help with the operations
- Duties include: Set up, serving pre-packaged foods to cyclists, slicing & serving fruit, maintain hydration stations, ensuring safety and flow of aid station
- This is a great fundraising opportunity for your group! You can sell PB&J sandwiches or other snacks to the hungry cyclists
- Typical shifts last 4-6 hours
- Course Marshals: guide cyclists about upcoming turns, hazards, and route direction.
- One-Day course marshals will be placed near the HQ sites, and assignments can be adjusted upon request (ie: if you see on the route that cyclists are going past your school, we can adjust the position so you are close to the school)
- Great cyclist interaction!
- Typical shifts last 3-6 hours
One Day HQ Volunteer Opportunities
Ride The Rockies loves incorporating the people in each community to help out on our Tours – both at Headquarters (HQ) and on the Route! The locals really have the inside scoop for each “hot spot” in town – what’s your favorite restaurant, dive bar, hot springs? The cyclists want to know!
The best way to welcome Ride The Rockies cyclists into your community is by volunteering!
The communities will be responsible for recruiting volunteers to help in HQ. As a thank you, all community volunteers will receive an official Ride The Rockies Community Volunteer t-shirt!
- Baggage Crew: unload cyclist baggage from RTR luggage trucks into neat rows. In the morning, help cyclists load baggage into the trucks. Great fundraiser for sports teams, and other groups!
- Bicycle Corral: secure location where cyclists can leave their bike. Volunteers will help cyclists place bikes in the corral, and help them locate bikes in the morning
- Community Information Tent: Hub for all town-related questions. Cyclists want to know your favorite hot spots – who has the best burger, beer, hot springs? Volunteers should be knowledgeable and passionate about your community!
- Parking Volunteers: responsible for efficiently parking vehicles associated with RTR, including Private Caravan pass holders (RVs and passenger vehicles), staff / vendor / crew / partner parking
- HQ Floating Volunteers: want to help welcome cyclist into your community and willing to help out anywhere? This is a fun opportunity to get a taste of all things RTR!
Want to volunteer, but not sure what you want to do? Contact us at [email protected] or call 303-954-6700