Once you finish a tough day of climbing up the legendary Berthoud Pass and down into Idaho Springs a total of 5000′ feet of elevation gain you will enter Central City and Blackhawk! This historical mining town is rich with history dating back to 1859 during the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush and surrounded by more beautiful mountains. In the late 19th century Central City became a hub in Colorado for entertainment, with several theaters, opera houses and other cultural institutions. The Victorian style architecture and feel of this town will feel as if you traveled back in time. The town’s main street has even inspired the main streets at Disney Resorts.
Gilpin County is incredible for outdoor enthusiasts, has plenty of great restaurants, shops and sightseeing for people that travel through. It’s home to several casino resorts in Central City and Blackhawk that host a variety of entertainment options. There are endless ways to explore this town and enjoy the food trucks, music, and a beer garden that will be provided at ride headquarters! Then it’s time to gear up for the ride’s longest day back to Fort Collins.
Ride Headquarters at T Lot in Central City!
Day 5 Vendors:
- Biju’s Pancakes/Smoothie Revolution
- Smoothie Revolution
- Lickskillet Catering
- JKF Catering
- No Beer Garden today. We have arranged tohave an extension of premises from the fourentertainment establishments along Main St. Go inand enjoy the Casinos and come outside and enjoythe bands.
Day of Show:
10:00am HQ Opens, Beer Garden Opens
- 2:00pm Bands Start
- 2:09pm – Last Rider Arrive in Central city
- 4:00pm Hotel Check-ins
- 6:00pm – HQ Closes
- 9:00pm Bands End, Beer Garden Closes
- Blackhawk Shuttle
- Lady Luck
- Monarch Casino
- Horseshoe Blackhawk
- The Lodge
- Grand Z Shuttle
- Grand Z Lodge & Casino
- There will also be a shuttle that loops from HQ to camping and RV Parking.
- RV Parking: The Greek Lot, Nevadaville and Academy St. Central City
- Car Parking: The Greek Lot, Nevadaville and Academy St. Central City
- Community Info Tent; Bike Techs; Massage; Happy Llama Merchandise; Primal Retail; Outdoor Camping; Camping Elevated, Bike Corral, Luggage Trucks, Mobile Showers, St. Anthony’s Medical Mobile Clinic, Cycle Riders Lawyer Charging Station, Expo6/15 Shower Truck – Levit St
Check out this Newspaper Article from Weekly Register-Call
Ride the Rockies stories WRC 4.20.23 (002)
- Experience Central City, Colorado (visitcentralcity.com)
- Visit Black Hawk | Casinos, Dining & Hotels Near Denver, CO
- Rest stop party in Lyons, live music, food, beer, and drinks!