NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NAME OF SWEEPSTAKES
Ride The Rockies Town Trivia
NAME AND ADDRESS OF SPONSOR
Ride The Rockies
501 Scott Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50309
Gannett Media Corp.
175 Sully’s Trail
Pittsford, New York 14534
(the “Administrator” or “Gannett”)
12:01 a.m. local time on 4/1/2023
11:59 p.m. local time on 6/10/2023
NUMBER OF WINNERS BEING SELECTED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES
1 winner per question will be entered into larger sweepstakes for 1 grand prize winner. Grand prize winner will be selected at random and receive a 2023 Ride The Rockies hat of their choice. (each, the “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”)
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) OF PRIZE
The actual retail value of the prize package being awarded in this Sweepstakes may vary depending on changes in value of components and other reasons. The Sponsor is not responsible for and the Winner will not receive the difference between the actual value of the prize package at the time of award and the stated ARV.
The individual entering the Sweepstakes (each, the “Entrant”, and, collectively, the “Entrants”) must each be (a) a legal resident and reside in the (the “State” or Service area of the Sponsor) United States (b) the age of 18 or the age of majority in his/her state of residence older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors and interns of the Sponsor or the Administrator, and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND RULES
- The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry online. The Entrant should complete the requested contact information and read and electronically agree to these Official Rules (each, the “Entry”, or, collectively, the “Entries”). By submitting the Entry, the Entrant is affirming his/her agreement to these Official Rules.
- Each Entrant is allowed one (1) Entry per question during the Sweepstakes Period. All Entries that are in excess of the stated limits may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at the Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. The Administrator reserves the right to void all Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanically programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any Entrant using such methods. Any questions regarding the number of Entries submitted shall be determined by the Administrator in its sole discretion.
- The Administrator shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to immediately disqualify any Entrant if the Administrator determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, tampering or other fraudulent, deceptive, or unfair playing practices.
- Any attempt to enter this Sweepstakes by using different email addresses, usernames, identities, or otherwise may disqualify such Entrant and may void all Entries made by such Entrant. Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address in this Sweepstakes. Multiple participants in this Sweepstakes are not allowed to share an e-mail address.
- Online entry is the only way to enter this Sweepstakes. Entries for the Sweepstakes will not be accepted through e-mail, facsimile, postal mail, express delivery service or hand-delivery to the office of the Sponsor.
- The Administrator and the Sponsor are not responsible for late, lost, tampered with, deleted or misdirected Entries that are not timely received or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunctions or other error. Assurance of delivery of the Entry is the sole responsibility of the Entrant.
ENTRY INFORMATION; COMMUNICATIONS; OPT-OUT
RANDOM DRAWING; NOTIFICATION OF WINNER; DOCUMENTATION
A random drawing will be held within (14) business days after the End Date (the “Drawing”). The potential Winner(s) will be notified by phone or e-mail within three (3) business days after the Drawing, in accordance with the contact information provided at the time of entry. Any potential Winner who cannot be reached or contacted within three (3) business days may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing. The potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Official Rules and may be disqualified if they do not. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor or the Administrator an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to accept the prize.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entrants participating in the Sweepstakes.
All prize details that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Sponsor in its discretion. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive the prize is permitted, except in the discretion of the Sponsor, which has the right to substitute the prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value selected by the Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of the item expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize are the responsibility of the Winner. The prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Use of gift cards is subject to issuer’s terms and conditions.
All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any one (1) year period will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each prize winner grants the Sponsor and the Administrator (together, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) the perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable right (but not the obligation), to use any or all of winner’s name, image, likeness, voice, identity, social media ID, statement, hometown, and/or biographical information, in any and all media now known or later devised and through any media channels, for any and all purposes (whether commercial, non-commercial, or otherwise), without any further compensation, consideration, notice to, or approval by winner, unless prohibited by law. The foregoing license includes the right of the Sweepstakes Entities to modify and/or edit prize winner’s likeness, provided that the Sweepstakes Entities will not modify or edit winner’s likeness in a manner that is reasonably likely to be disparaging of winner. Entrants represent and warrant that the materials submitted by them will not infringe or violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof by will result in no third-party liability or obligations.
It is each Entrant’s responsibility to enter in the appropriate manner, and assurance of delivery of the Entry is the sole responsibility of the Entrant. Each Entrant is responsible for all costs or charges involved in accessing the participating websites and warrants that the cost of accessing the websites, if any, is part of a larger agreement with an Internet Service Provider or some other means, and that the cost of this access is not an incremental cost. The Sweepstakes Entities may run multiple campaigns and/or other sweepstakes/contests simultaneously. Participation in one campaign, sweepstakes/contest or the Sweepstakes does not constitute participation into any other. If for any reason the internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering (including an individual or Entrant who has tampered with the entry process), unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole determination, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole determination, to void and disqualify all Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole and absolute determination. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, damaged or undelivered Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, services or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any material in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- By entering, the Entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which are binding and final, and release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of its respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Sweepstakes, and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
- The potential prize Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prizes and waive any liability or claims (including attorneys’ fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prizes.
- In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to the Administrator as undeliverable, if prizes are refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prizes will be forfeited and another prize winner will be selected in a random drawing according to these Official Rules. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness and/or statements attributed to winner regarding the Sweepstakes, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent.
- All Entries become the property of the Sponsor.
- This Sweepstakes shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to change the rules of the Sweepstakes at any time.
- Any and all decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities related to this Sweepstakes are final.
- Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for prize identification purposes ONLY and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.
NAME OF WINNER
To obtain the name of the Winner, please contact the Sponsor at the address listed in these Official Rules.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Entrant acknowledges that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Gannett or its respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies or subsidiaries, (collectively, “GANNETT”), and that GANNETT makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of these Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless GANNETT from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or related to any prize awarded. Entrant acknowledges that GANNETT is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within these Official Rules, including (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, or unintelligible entries; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, (iv) any violation of law by the Sponsor or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Entrant acknowledges and understands that the Sponsor, not GANNETT, is responsible for fulfillment of the Prize. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor, and not to GANNETT.